Monday, November 22, 2010

Bill Murray hung out with George Mason on Sunday

Bill Murray is a huge basketball fan.

The Space Jam star lives in Charleston, SC, and owns the Charleston River Dogs. His son, Luke, is currently an assistant as Wagner College for head coach Dan Hurley. He's also worked at programs like Arizona and Quinnipiac. Luke is the same age as me and played AAU basketball for a team from Connecticut, the NNC Lions, that I played quite often growing up. Bill would show up at Luke's game every so often. I can tell you with first hand experience that Bill is a pretty knowledgeable dude when it comes to basketball.

So what does this have to do with anything?

Not all that much. I just wanted to write something Bill Murray and basketball related so I could post this picture:


That's Bill Murray meeting with the George Mason basketball team before their 82-79 overtime loss against Wofford on Sunday.

Yeah. That's all I got.

2 comments:

Troy Machir said...

"The Space Jam star"? I'm not sure I can continue to be friends with you if associate Bill Murray with Space Jam and not CaddyShack.

Don't get me wrong, Space Jam was a Timeless classic but come on son, CaddyShack is possibly the greatest movie ever.

Rob Dauster said...

Truer words have never been spoken. But Space Jam was about basketball. Caddyshack was about golf. This ain't "Parring is a Habit"