Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What is UCLA?

We already learned that Jeopardy and college basketball don't exactly go hand-in-hand. To be fair, she did get the question right.

Tonight on Jeopardy, one of the categories was college basketball coaches. The clue? John Wooden (1949-1975). The result? Not pretty.



Now, I know that not all Jeopardy contestants are going to be college basketball fans, which is fine. But we are talking about a legendary coach here, the most successful man to ever take part in one of our country's greatest sporting spectacles. I'm not a movie buff, but I know who Alfred Hitchcock is. I don't read all that much, but I can tell you a number of the books that Shakespeare wrote. And I am terrible when it comes to Jeopardy.

I think its fair to say that Hitchcock is to cinema as Wooden is to college hoops, no? And we have three contestants on Jeopardy that cannot tell you what school John Wooden coached at?

Gameshow Fail!

No comments: