Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

There isn't much to be said on a day like today that hasn't already been written 1,000 times over.

Personally, as hard as it is, I will not remember today for the terror that we all lived through. I refuse to. I don't need to tell you how awful 9/11 was. You already know.

Today, I'm going to remember the heroes that this tragedy created. The firefighters that climbed 80 stories to go into hell to try and save the lives of complete strangers knowing full-well the risk that mission carried. The people on Flight 93 that saved countless lives by sacrificing their own. The men and women who were inspired to fight for and defend our country overseas by the images they saw on television.

You don't need me to tell you how to mourn those we lost. But when you do, remember that number would have been much higher without that heroism.



We Will Never Forget -- 9/11/01

No comments: