Thursday, September 8, 2011

Santa Clara's Marc Trasolini tears acl

Santa Clara's Marc Trasolini, the team's second-leading scorer and top rebounder, suffered a season-ending acl tear on Tuesday.

Its a massive blow to the Broncs. Trasolini was due to team up with the high-scoring Kevin Foster and Evan Roquemore to form one of the best 1-2-3 punches in the WCC. The Broncs were thought by many to be a major sleeper in the league, capable of contending for the conference crown with Gonzaga, St. Mary's and BYU.

Without Trasolini, that's a much different story.


"Marc has done everything, and I mean everything right, to put himself into the position to have a great senior year and for this to happen, especially considering the circumstances, is disheartening and unfortunate," coach Kerry Keating said in a statement.

For Trasolini as an individual, the story gets even worse.

He's a senior, and to honor him, Keating had decided to take him team on a tour of Trasolini's native Vancouver. The injury occurred when he landed wrong two minutes into the first game of their trip. There were a couple hundred of his friends and family in the stands at the time. After receiving the news on Wednesday, the entire team had dinner at Trasolini's parent's house.

"Obviously I am really disappointed about what happened [Tuesday] night," Trasolini said in a statement. "But I am trying my best to stay positive, get back on track as soon as I can and do what it takes to help the team by being a leader and supporting them. All my teammates and coaches have been really supportive and I really appreciate that. I know they will be there for me and I will be there for them. It’s pretty bad it happened here on this trip, but it’s worse I can’t play this season. It hurts. It hurts a lot. But I will get better and be back next season."

That's a really tough way to have a season away.

The good news? Foster is a junior and Roquemore is a sophomore, so the Broncs will still have a shot to steal a league title next season.

No comments: