Monday, August 15, 2011

Josh Harrellson is a hero, even without the Jorts

You have to love Josh Harrellson.

You just have to.

At this point, even if you are a Louisville or Florida or Tennessee fan, you have to at least not hate him.

The latest achievement coming from Harrellson is stopping a drunk driver. Essentially, what happened was that after he left a bar in Lexington, some dude that was hammered backed into his truck, hit another car, and then hit Harrellson's truck for a second time. So Harrellson did what any normal human being would do -- he pulled the keys out of the ignition.

It was only then that he found out there were children in the car.

"We were just worried because he could have put it in drive at any time and maybe ran somebody over, or while our arms were in the car, just kept going and we could have been drug or something," Harrellson said on WKYT. "I'm the type of guy that, I want to make sure everybody else is alright. I saw it, I moved out of the way, I'm fine. My truck got hit, that's replaceable. I was just thankful nobody got hurt and the kids were fine."

Not only was that a brave thing to do, but it was the right thing to do. Drunk drivers kill people, and if the guy can't even back out of a parking lot, its probably not smart for him to be driving his kids home.

Just one question -- where are the Jorts? Because I'm pretty sure the man with the best nickname in college hoops last year is wearing khakis.


No comments: