Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bettin' is a Habit - 1/29

We here at B.I.A.H don't fancy ourselves gamblers, but we do know a lot of people with crippling addictions to gambling. So why not help enable them, right? Semi-regularly, we will provide you a couple of picks and one lead-pipe-lock that you can take to the bank. But if you take our advice and don't win any money, you aren't allowed to come bash are knee-caps in.

There are 144 games today and 17 ranked teams are in action. There are a lot of different plays to make, and we will try and guide you to the good ones.



Florida State (15-5, 5-1) at Clemson (14-6, 3-3)
After Duke, the ACC is full of question marks. The league is starting to sort itself out, but there is still a lot of general mediocrity in the ACC. The Littlejohn Coliseum is a tough place to play, but this Clemson team just hasn't impressed me at all. FSU hasn't really impressed me either, but they are definitely better than Clemson, having beaten them back in December, 75-69. Plus FSU beat Duke, so I think they should be able to handle Clemson on the road.

Pick: Florida State +2.5


Louisville (16-4, 5-2) at UConn (17-2, 5-2)
Kemba Walker is regressing a bit from his early-season ridiculousness, but the rest of his team has stepped up their play. That being said, wasn't it just a week ago that Louisville came back from down-18 late in the game to beat Marquette? Yes it was, but after that they lost to Providence. Then needed another buzzer-beater to beat a reeling-WVU squad. I like UConn in this one, and I think they cover.

Pick: UConn -3


Texas A&M (17-2, 4-1) at Nebraska (14-5, 2-3)
I'm well aware that most of the Aggies success has come on their home court, and I'm well aware the Huskers are a tough-out at their home court. That being said, I still like Texas A&M in this one. Nebraska has played well against the top Big-12 schools, but has come up short nonetheless. I think the same thing happens when the Aggies come to town.

Pick: Texas A&M +1


Virginia (11-9, 2-4) at Wake Forest (7-13, 0-5)
This one is too easy. A team playing Wake Forest is being favored BY ONLY 3.5 POINTS? I'll take that any day of the 2011 calender year. If Virginia doesn't win by atleast 3.5 points, I'll be very upset. Not because I will have made the wrong pick> No, I'll be pissed because no team in D-I hoops should be within 3.5 points of Wake Forest. That's how bad the Demon Deacons are.

Pick: Virginia -3.5


San Diego (4-17, 0-6) at Gonzaga (13-8, 3-3)
OK, hear me out on this one. Gonzaga needs to win this game. They should win this game. if they don't they are in some serious trouble. But they will win this game. But, seeing the way they have played recently, I'll gladly take San Diego and the 23.5 points.

Pick: San Diego +23.5


No comments: