Friday, October 2, 2009

Kyrie Irving interview with High School Hoops

Earlier this week, we wrote about the possibility of Coach K landing one of the best recruiting classes in 2010. In that post, we mentioned that many sources believed Kyrie Irving was really close to committing to the Blue Devils.

Well, Irving confirmed many of those rumors in an interview with High School Hoops:

Well, I’ve got that feeling with Duke, but I want to go on a few more visits to compare it all. I’m not ready to commit yet. I just want to make sure everything is right. Duke and Indiana were my top two schools, and Duke is up there, but I like the other schools too.
I guess you could say that I’m leaning toward Duke. I’m just not ready to commit. It was my first visit and of course I’m really high on them and like I said I have that feeling, but I think it’s only smart to compare it to something.
That's not all, Duke fans. Irving also talked about the fact that he and Austin Rivers, one of the best players in the class of 2011 who is committed to Florida but made a recent visit to Durham, have established a strong relationship:
We talk like every other day. We developed a relationship over the summer. It would just be real cool to play with another great point guard. It would make the transition to college a lot easier. Especially a guy like him, he can shoot the crap out of the ball. It would be really cool to play with him in college.
It seems like Kyrie Irving has his head screwed on pretty straight. If he does end up at Duke, he will be their most talented guard since Jay Williams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing is, unless Austin Rivers does what Andre Dawkins did and enters college a year earlier than projcted, he is class of 2011 and Kyrie Irving is class of 2010.

So while it would ease Austin;s college entry, Irving's 2010 classmates would be Dawkin and Curry.