Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Denis Clemente is a thug ... and I love it

Denis Clemente can score.

There's no question about that.

Most people are going to remember when he went for 44 in an upset of Texas, but Clemente has been a pretty solid 12-18 point guy for the Wildcats.

The reason I bring it up is that Clemente, who went for 26 (his second highest scoring output of the season) against Kansas on Saturday, was not in the line-up for K-State's game against North Carolina Central.

Why?

Clemente had a little issue with the adage "keep thy hands to thy self". First, it was an elbow he planted right in the middle of Brady Morningstar's back (for the record, some people believe that Morningstar punched Clemente, and while it is pretty clear from that video that he did in fact hit Clemente in the stomach, in no way does it look intentional):



Clemente got a tech for that.

While the first elbow is understandable (frustration because you can't get open, your team blew a 16 point lead, and you just got popped, intentionally or unintentionally, in the stomach), this next one is a little unnecessary.



When asked about the incidents, Clemente responded by saying "I don't allow anybody to come in my house. This is my house. You know what I'm saying? I'll punch you back."

True, Clemente probably should not have smacked Tyrell Reed in the head or hit Morningstar with the elbow.

But that was his house. You don't let just anyone into your house. And if they hit you in your house, you hit them back.

UPDATE: Apparently, Clemente accused the KU team of racist remarks, which really pissed off Bill Self. From the KC Star:

That flat out pisses me off. That did not occur. That does bother me a lot that anybody would say something like that.

No comments: