Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Billy Gillispie vs. Jeannine Edwards Round 3

Billy Gillispie and Jeannine Edwards don't get along. At all. Already this season they have had two, how shall I say this ... awkward encounters during sideline interviews at the half. Suffice to say Gillispie does not seem to be a fan of hers. Just watch:

Gillispie vs. Edwards Round 1:



Gillispie vs. Edwards Round 2:



Now I don't really see anything wrong with the questions that Edwards asked. I am not a huge fan of the halftime interview, but in both instances Edwards seemed to be asking informed, relevant questions.

So why is Gillispie reacting like this?

Sports by Brooks may have the answer:

A source recently told me that Gillispie made a past, amorous advance at Edwards which was subsequently denied by the ESPN reporter. I have no more details than that. But again, I have confirmed that Gillispie did make clear to Edwards that he was interested in spending some quality time with her away from the court. And she shut him down.
Take this for what its worth - a website quoting an unnamed source. If this is in fact true, I would question the intelligence of ESPN sending Edwards to cover Kentucky games every Tuesday.

Speaking of which, Kentucky plays Vanderbilt tonight on ESPN at 9. Any guesses as to who is doing sideline for that game?

Yup, Jeannine Edwards.

No comments: