Monday, November 21, 2011

Bettin' is a Habit - Monday 11/21

The college hoops season is in full effect. We here at Ballin' is a Habit pride ourselves as hoops experts, so what better way to prove ourselves then by providing you with some knowledge to help you earn some cash.

If you followed this column at all last year, you know that I did a pretty terrible job at picking games. I certainly hope none of you actually put money on the picks I made. But if you want to see if you are better than B.I.A.H, head on over to FanDuel.com, we will be there all year.

I did terrible last week. I made five picks and was wrong about four of them. I currently sit an even 10-10 on the season. But it's a brand new week, and there are a couple of juicy plays to make tonight.

Bettin' is a Habit - Monday 11/21

8:30PM - Norfolk State Rams(3-1) vs. Marquette Golden Eagles (3-0)
Check out Marquette's scoring totals in four games this year: 91, 99, 95, 96. Clearly they haven't played a lot of stellar competition, but this team can get buckets in a hurry. Norfolk State is a low-major school with a mid-to-high major player in big-man Kyle O'Quinn. The Rams look to be one of the better MEAC teams this year, and should provide Marquette with some competition. not much, but some. Marquette will win big in a high-scoring game.

Pick: Over 149.5


9:30PM - Chaminade Silver Swords (3-0) vs. UCLA Bruins (0-2)
I don't thin I've ever seen a high-major team implode this quickly in a season. UCLA is beyond dire straits. Do you really want me to list all the problems plaguing the Bruins? That's what I thought, me either. Plus, this is the Silver Swords we are talking about,the most recognizable D-II team in the country. I'm absolutely taking Chaminade.

Pick: Chaminade +13.5


11:59PM - Georgetown Hoyas (2-0) vs. Kansas Jayhawks (1-1)
Kansas hung around with Kentucky for the first 20 minutes of play in their Champions Classic game, but just could not handle the athleticism of the 'Cats. Athleticism seems to be one of Georgetown's stronger areas. There is a reason Kansas is a 5.5-point favorite in this match, but I'm thinking that the Hoyas could pull the upset here (If Georgetown beating Kansas is actually considered an upset)

Pick: Georgetown +5.5



No comments: