Friday, November 18, 2011

Bettin' is a Habit - Friday 11/18

The college hoops season is in full effect. We here at Ballin' is a Habit pride ourselves as hoops experts, so what better way to prove ourselves then by providing you with some knowledge to help you earn some cash.

If you followed this column at all last year, you know that I did a pretty terrible job at picking games. I certainly hope none of you actually put money on the picks I made. But if you want to see if you are better than B.I.A.H, head on over to FanDuel.com, we will be there all year.

Through four days of picking games, I'm 9-5, having gone 1-2 on Wednesday. But still, I've above .500, which means if I actually bet money, or if you actually took my advice, you'd have more money than you did at the beginning of the season.

After the jump, I provide my sight for Friday's slate of plays

Bettin' is a Habit - Friday 11/18

6:00PM - Texas Christian (2-0) at Virginia (2-0)
Virginia has the potential to be the third-best team in the ACC this season. Mike Scott is the real deal down low, and the team has bought in to Tony Bennett's style of play. Sure, the Horned Frogs are 2-0, but this will be their first test of the season, and I just don't see them doing well at all.

Pick: Virginia -8


7:00PM - St. Bonaventure's (1-0) at Cleveland State (2-0)
The Bonnies have one of the most underrated big-men in the country in Andrew Nicholson, but an injury to forward Marquise Simmons will leave the team short-staffed up front. Cleveland State has proved that they can still win even without Norris Cole on the roster. I like the Vikings to win this one by double-digits

Pick: Cleveland State -6.5


9:00PM - Wichita State (2-0) vs. Alabama (3-0)
This is going to be a great game. Alabama has a terrific front court and has gotten some decent production from their guards. Wichita State is going to be the second-best team in the always-competitive Missouri Valley Conference. I wouldn't be surprised if Wichita State pulls off the upset, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Alabama wins by 10+. But I will be surprised if there isn't a lot of scoring.

Pick: Over 124.5




No comments: