Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mick Cronin and Jim Calhoun exchange verbal jabs over Kemba Walker

After beating Georgetown yesterday, UConn head coach Jim Calhoun was asked in the press conference how he felt about Kemba Walker not being a unanimous first team all Big East selection.

As you might imagine, Calhoun didn't hold back.

"I think someone took a vacation and didn't tell us and has been gone for five months," Calhoun told reporters after the game. "If anybody did it because they lost out in him recruiting wise, which we went to one city this year that that was the story in the paper, something from three years ago."

The article he was referring to came from the Cincinnati Enquirer. Cincy head coach Mick Cronin responded after being asked on two different occasions about what Calhoun said.

"If he's got something to say, he needs to say it to me," Cronin said, "and you print that. How would he know who I voted for?"

Later, Cronin was asked again.

"I root for kids when I'm close to them and I like them," Cronin said. "That's unbelievable. I'd do anything for Kemba Walker. He's a class act. It's not me, I can tell you that. If he wants to know who I voted for, he needs to ask me."

No comments: