Thursday, July 1, 2010

Daniel Orton tweets his apology

Daniel Orton didn't exactly leave Kentucky on the best terms.

After a freshman season where the top 25 recruit averaged just 3.4 ppg and 3.3 rpg in just over 13 mpg, Orton decided to leave Kentucky to take a shot at the NBA. Not only did he leave Kentucky, but he did so without finishing up his classes -- which could cost Kentucky scholarships down the road due to the APR -- while taking a shot at Kentucky -- he reportedly said he would wished he went to Kansas -- on his way out the door.

Not exactly the best way to make yourself welcome in the state of Kentucky.

Orton tried to rectify the situation last night. Via twitter. (What, you expected something different?):

Okay there are some things that I've been needing to address, but I was trying to focus my attention elsewhere. As far as the classes I want
To apologize for not doing what I said I would. I messed up bigtime and hope I can be somewhat forgiven. I messed up on a few due dates on
My online class and I just lost focus in school. I apologize. Then the thing about the Kansas comment. I was more so set up on that question
We all know the media and how they like to get people but i was asked was there any other school that I would have gone to. At first I said
No because I loved UK and I loved my experience and my teammates there. Then he proceeded to say. I know Kansas was recruiting you hard, you
Never had any thoughts of maybe you should have gone there? Of course I thought that at times I won't lie about that I'm sure atleast two
Players on every college team this year question their decision but in the end I am happy that I went to UK. As far as leavin early. I can't
Really justify myself there. So sorry UK fans love yall and yall are the best Ima miss it!
That was a lot of words and a lot of tweets for Orton to simply say "I'm sorry I stopped going to class, and I did actually want to go to Kentucky", wasn't it?

Regardless, Orton had one largely forgettable year (or seven months) at Kentucky coming off the bench. I'm sure BBN will get over it.

No comments: