A quick shootaround for you today.
- Mississippi 85, Kentucky 80: David Huertas snapped out of his funk for 19 second half points as the Rebels knocked off the Wildcats in Oxford. Patrick Patterson had 24 for Kentucky, who got 21 points from the nation's third leading scorer Jodie Meeks on just 4-15 shooting.
- Texas 78, Baylor 72: Texas used a quick 6-0 run with under five minutes left to break open up a tie game. LaceDarius Dunn hit two free throws to cut the lead to two with 1:23 left, but AJ Abrams knocked down a jumper and Tweety Carter missed three free throws after being fouled on a three on the ensuing two possessions, and the Longhorns held on for the win. Abrams had 19 points, and hit three triples, which tied him with Jeff Boschee for the all-time lead in Big XII three's made at 338.
- Purdue 64, Wisconsin 63: Purdue was down 56-51 with five minutes left, but they used a 9-2 run, capped by a Robbie Hummel three with a minute left, to take a 60-58 lead. E'Twaun Moore led Purdue with 17, while Hummel added 8 off the bench. Wisconsin has now lost five straight games after opening Big Ten play 3-0, and unless they right the ship (very) soon, they look like they will miss the NCAA tournament. Purdue, on the other hand, has won five in a row after dropping their first two league games.
- Northeastern 68, VCU 63: Northeastern went into Richmond and took a 30-13 lead in the first half, and was up by as much as 16 during the second half before VCU made it interesting down the stretch. The Commodores cut the lead to two three different times in the last two minutes, but the Huskies were able to hit some clutch free throws to seal the win. Eugene Spates and Manny Adako each had 12 for NEU, while Eric Maynor went for 30 for VCU.
- Utah 94, BYU 88 OT: BYU was seemingly in control for most of the second half, stretching their lead to five with under five minutes left, but the Utes battled back to tie it up at 71 on a Luke Nevill jumper. Nevill finished with 32 points on the night. In OT, Utah went on a 7-0 run and hit 10-14 free throws in the last minute to seal the win. Luka Drca had 18 points, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds for Utah. Lee Cummard led the Cougars with 23 points while Jimmer Fredette added 19 points and 10 dimes.
- NC State 84, Miami FL 81: Freshman Julius Mays his a three from the top of the key with 2.6 seconds left as the Wolfpack beat Miami on a night where the school remembered legendary women's coach Kay Yow.
- BC 76, Maryland 67
- Buffalo 74, Western Michigan 71
- George Mason 78, Delaware 55