Recap of Saturday's games coming up in a bit. Here's the Sunday schedule:
A couple of excellent games in the Big East. First, at noon, Louisville (14-3, 5-0) heads up to Syracuse (17-3, 5-2) to take on the Orange. Louisville finally looks like the team that everyone thought was going to be a top 5 squad this season. The reason for that has been the play of Terrence Williams and Earl Clark, who are both making a serious case for first-team all big east honors. The 'Cuse, on the other hand, have lost two of their last three (both badly and on the road to Georgetown and Pitt). But the Orange are a tough team to play in the dome (their one win in that string was by 19 against Notre Dame at home). Syracuse doesn't have the athletes to go man against the 'Ville, but I think they sit back in their zone, and the Cardinals fire away from three. If they are hitting, they'll win. I don't think they will, and I see the Orange picking up the W.
Pitt (17-1, 5-1) also has to travel to West Virginia (14-4, 3-2) to face the Mountaineers in the Backyard Brawl at 4. I am really high on WVU this year, I like what they bring to the table. But they are a team that wins based on their defense, their hustle, and their offensive rebounding. Basically, they are Pitt Jr, and no one is going to beat Pitt at their own game. Panthers roll.
The rest of the day's action:
- 12:00 PM: Minnesota (16-3, 4-3) @ Indiana (5-12, 0-5)
- 1:30 PM: Florida (16-3, 3-1) @ Vanderbilt (12-6, 1-3)
- 2:00 PM: St. Bonaventure (11-7, 2-3) @ Dayton (17-2, 3-1)
- 2:00 PM: Georgetown (12-5, 3-3) @ Seton Hall (9-9, 0-5)
- 3:45 PM: Michigan State (15-3, 5-1) @ Ohio State (13-4, 3-3): Here is a chance for the Buckeyes to prove that they are for real this year, and didn't just happen to get hot early on in the season.
- 5:30 PM: Virginia Tech (13-5, 3-1) @ Miami FL (14-4, 3-2): These two teams are both sitting right in the middle of the pack in the ACC. Both have NCAA tournament hopes. These games between two bubble teams are going to play a huge role in the selection committee's decision come tourney time. I like Va Tech this year, but I think that Dwayne Collins eats up Jeff Allen in the paint.
- 7:45 PM: Georgia Tech (9-9, 0-5) @ Clemson (16-2, 2-2)