We are strapped for time here with the Holiday coming up, so a quick shoot around this morning. A couple of upsets top the list of games from last night. Portland State went into Spokane and beat Gonzaga 77-70. They were led by 5'6" Jeremiah Dominguez, who finished with 25 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists while hitting 7 or PSU's 12 three's. Judging by the number's, the Zags did not play that terribly. They shot 42% from the floor, they were 7-19 from deep, and they only turned the ball over 11 times. According to Few, it was because Gonzaga was out worked and out hustled the entire game. Gonzaga has now lost three out of their last four games. The Zags were led by 18 points from Matt Bouldin.
Butler picked up a 74-65 win on the road against Xavier. This is a big time win for a young Bulldogs team looking to legitimize their now 10-1 start. Matt Howard and Gordon Hayward led the way for Butler with 19 apiece.
The rest of the games:
- Texas 74, Wisconsin 69: AJ Abrams scored 21 and Damion James had 18 and 15 as the Longhorns knocked off a pesky Badger team. Texas won this game on the glass, finishing with a 40-25 advantage.
- Georgetown 76, Florida International 38
- UCLA 113, Wyoming 62: Did UCLA really put up 113? That's not a good sign for Pac-10 teams.
- Arizona State 90, Idaho State 55
- Minnesota 8-, Southeastern Louisiana 71
- Illinois 75, Missouri 59: Missouri's press was largely ineffective against Illinois, who jumped all over the Tigers in the first half and never looked back.
- Stanford 77, Santa Clara 69: John Bryant from Santa Clara finished with 27 and 22. This is a guy who was stabbed and spent time in the hospital during the off-season.
- Arizona 84, Kansas 67: Down 44-35 early in the second half, the Qildcats used a 29-6 run to put this game away. Jordan Hill finished with 23 and 11, Jamelle Horne had 19 and 13, and Nic Wise finished with 16 and 8 dimes.