Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September Madness

OK, so maybe what is happening to our economy isn't something to be joking about right now, but this is pretty clever (huge H/T to Andy at the Bi-Monthly Blog for this one).

So, without further ado, here is the September Madness bracket:
I'm going to step away from basketball for a second here.

I wish I had some witty remark about this, but to be honest, this whole situation is pretty scary - but at the same time fascinating in that rubber-necking, slowing-down-to-see-the-accident kind of way. I mean, we are living through an event right now that is going to change the way the world's economy runs. This is something that will be taught in econ classes (I was an econ major FYI) and history classes for as long as there is schooling. I like to keep this blog as apolitical as possible, but quickly here are my thoughts on the bail out: our economy is most likely going to recover, even if it takes a few years of living a much more modest life, but this collapse of the economy puts a stamp on what has probably been the worst president and administration in the history of the United States. I mean, Bush wants to be the next baseball commissioner. Really?

No comments: